Pages

Thursday, December 24, 2015

Just Heard The News - R.I.P. Mellos

Just heard the news: The Mellos restaurant in the market is no more.

On Monday, December 21st, Mellos served its last meal on Dalhousie St. after 73 years in Ottawa.
"Mellos, the longtime greasy spoon diner turned gastro supper spot, served its last meals and cocktails to a full house Monday night at the intimate spot on Dalhousie Street where it has dished out food since 1942." (Source: CBC)
Since Monday, the iconic Mellos sign went missing (http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/12/22/not-over-easy-the-mysterious-case-of-the-mellos-sign) and then a news reporter located it http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/market-mystery-wheres-the-mellos-sign. It would be awesome if it has been placed in storage until Mellos can open elsewhere again!

I liked the ghost like look of this quick sketch that I did and thought it was fitting for my final post about Mellos. R.I.P..

R.I.P. Mellos
(ink and graphite wash)
by Cindi Moynahan-Foreman
My previous posts on Sketching Mellos




No comments:

Post a Comment