Pages

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

"Plein Air" Practice #1

11x14 Acrylic: Phase 1 (1 hour)



I thought it would be fun to post progress pictures of this "HoleInTheWall" practice piece that I started indoors. I am calling it a "plein air practice" when it is not a plein air at all! It's a landscape.

I am using the techniques I would use outdoors: quick value sketch; quick colour sketch; Light red underpainting and blocking in the darks then the lights - all done within one hour! (I am timing to see if I can complete it under four hours).

I will be adding yellow next and I hope to post the final painting shortly.

I had to scan it in two parts and I thought it was interesting to see the painting in two pieces then pieced together.

Acrylic:  "Hole In The Wall" (Incomplete)
Artist: Cindi Moynahan-Foreman

1 comment: