Artist/illustrator Colin White conceptualized the Ottawa "Alley Project" after leading an Ottawa Jane's Walk called "Illustrating Change on Bank St." with Liam Mooney.
Throughout the summer, a group of artists, illustrators and urban sketchers explored and sketched many of the alleyways in Ottawa. This has culminated in a show on Saturday September 19, 2015 as part of Chinatown Remixed on Somerset Street West entitled "Forgotten Spaces"
Here are some photographs from the show "Forgotten Spaces" that was held appropriately in Ottawa's Chinatown in a small alley between Monopolatte and the Spa building during the annual Chinatown Remixed. (#9 on the map)
|Wheatpasting art for Chinatown Remixed "Forgotten Spaces" venue|
|Folks enjoying the sketches|
|Colin White - "Forgotten Spaces" creator|
I have been blessed to meet the following amazing Ottawa artists (and many others) this past summer while working on this project:
- Marc Adornato http://www.adornato.com/home.php
- Emma Cochrane http://emmacochrane.ca/
- Kristina Corre http://goodthingsottawa.ca/
- Cindi Foreman http://moynahanstudio.blogspot.ca/
- Stephen Frew https://stephenfrew.wordpress.com/
- Beccy Murphy https://www.behance.net/BeccyM
- Anthony Parravano http://www.anthonyparravano.ca/
- Chris Roussakis http://www.roussakisphotography.com/
- Mawt Trood https://www.flickr.com/photos/trude_514/albums
- Colin White http://www.colinwhite.ca/
|Special edition Chinatown Remixed Phoenix |
by artist Kristina Corre of goodthingsottawa.
|Best Instagram (screencapture) from @colinwhite|