Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2021

November Comes .... November Goes ...

The following sketch was done in November 2014 based on a photo that my daughter took of me out for a walk with my yellow labrador retriever "Lexie" in downtown Ottawa.

 "Lexie Walk" Art Journal sketch (graphite & water colour) Artist: Cindi Moynahan-Foreman

My November 2014 Moynahan Studio blog post also featured this lovely poem by Elizabeth Coatsworth:

Revisiting my 2014 sketch and the short-and-sweet blog post seven years later was incredibly helpful and has inspired me to change the format of my Moynahan Studio blog posts going forward.

My recent blogging format has been to create fulsome posts with samples of my recent artwork, lots of art links, artist quotes, artist profiles, tips and techniques, etc.and, as a result, my posts have become much less frequent.

By revisiting "November Comes" 2014, I'm inspired to return to a shorter, more timely, more frequent format and today, I want to share Koosje Koene's "Draw Tip Tuesday" You Tube video where she talks about November and finding inspiration in mundane objects.

Koosje Koene 

Koosje Koene: You Tube: Draw Tip Tuesday Screenshot

In the video below, Koosje Koene confesses that "November is a tough month" ... with "lost of gray days, dark days.." and she sometimes feels uninspired to sketch.

In the video, Koosje reminds us all that "Everything is interesting when you draw it."

She has inspired me! I hope you are inspired as well!

Happy sketching!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment