Pages

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Getting Dusty With Soft Pastels



I bought some Gioconda soft pastel pencils for the first time. Apparently, this brand is a popular product of the company KOH-I-NOOR HARDTMUTH.
Art badge by Karen Margulis available at zazzle
Soft pastels are the most widely used form of the dry pastel media varieties. Soft pastels are so messy. I love to play with them but oh my! The mess! Then the issue of using fixative or not? Using it during the pastel painting process or at the end or not?

I do know that one of my favourite daily emails is from "Painting My World" . Karen Margulis began her blog in 2005 when she was just starting her journey with pastels. Karen loves to share her paintings and tips daily. If you have not signed up, you should consider it.

More links for pastel painting:
Thumbnail sketch in new Strathmore toned gray sketch paper
Artist: Cindi Moynahan-Foreman
Photo reference and Gioconda soft pastel pencil sketch
Artist: Cindi Moynahan-Foreman
Soft pastel pencil sketch on Strathmore toned paper
Artist: Cindi Moynahan-Foreman





No comments:

Post a Comment