Pages

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

My Temporary Lapse in Blogging

I have just realized that I haven't posted to my Moynahan Studio blog since November 2016.

Mixed-Media "Byward Market Melt" (on Canson 124 lb/ 265 g Montval Aquarelle watercolor paper)

I realized this blogging-lapse when I was applying for a one week residency in Quebec with the Pontiac Artists' Association and they asked for my art website URL.

My thoughts were: "Wow! I haven't posted on my art blog since November 21, 2016. Why not?"

I opened my sketchbooks and I have been making art every day (almost). I have been posting some of it to social media (my twitter https://twitter.com/cindiforeman and instagram) but I haven't been writing any blog posts.

I reviewed my blog and noted that:
  • in 2014, I wrote 55 blog posts; 
  • in 2016, I wrote 113 blog posts
  • in 2015 I wrote 43 (nearly one blog post per week) 
I also noticed that in 2015 I had a similar lapse in blogging for a couple of months (March to May) and I wrote a blog post about it called "The Essential Fallow Times".

My Most Popular Art Blog Posts

Since November, I produced a few more sketches for the February edition of "The Wrench".

In January, I managed to sketch a little in Mexico while on vacation. I started a new sketchbook: The Fabriano Venezia sketch book  (and I am still not sure what I think about the Venezia).

Fabriano Venezio Sketchbook: Watercolour sketches from Mexico adventures

March 2017 will be a busy month of sketching starting with the monthly Drawing at The Rooster and some Cafe Sketching with the Ottawa Urban Sketchers at the *NEW* Art House Cafe (555 Somerset St West).

This early March weather is still cold, icy, and generally unpleasant. My recent self-portrait sketch below was created to express my gratitude for my warm green coat, but seriously, the truth is that I can't wait for the warm weather to arrive!

Fabriano Venezio Sketchbook: Watercolour sketch
I feel that my blogging-lapse has now ended and I will aim to create two blog posts per month for 2017 as a minimum (and more if possible.)

If you would like to follow me on my 2017 art adventures, submit your email in the "Follow Me By Email" form on the right-hand side of this blog

Happy creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment