Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Drawing At The Rooster #28


Tuesday night I attended the monthly "Drawing at the Rooster" (DATR) event in Ottawa at the Atomic Rooster on Bank St. This open and free event is hosted every month by two Ottawa area artists, Peter Purdy and Rebecca Gilman.
"Drawing at the Rooster is a monthly life drawing event. There are multiple live models (clothed/costumed) that will do a variety of short and long poses. 

Each event has a different theme! Drawing at the Rooster is a no cover event, and is a creative, non-judgmental environment where artists of all skill levels will have an opportunity to practice their life drawing skills.  (Source: DATR facebook)

My sketchbooks at the Atomic Rooster

My Previous DATR Blog Posts
The evening started at 7 pm with the three models doing quick, short poses leading up to ten and fifteen minute poses by the end of the night (at 10pm).

I loved this final fifteen minute pose of the night with all three models!
I started the evening sketching the short poses in my Strathmore Toned Tan sketchbook using my favourite Progresso 8911/HB graphite pencil.


Three minute pose

Three minute pose

I also used my gouache in my Strathmore Toned Tan sketchbook for some of the short poses. I am currently obsessed with using the dioxazine purple gouache as my "black"

Three minute pose

Five minute pose

Loved the big earrings and sunglasses!


Ten minute pose
I switched to my Strathmore 500 series cotton sketchbook part way through the night.

Ten minute pose


Fifteen minute pose
I decided to switch to water colour for the fifteen minute poses at the end of the night

Two fifteen minute poses
The final fifteen minute pose of the night
I really enjoy these monthly "Drawing At The Rooster" events and I am looking forward to July!

No comments:

Post a Comment