Pages

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Ottawa's Annual New Art Festival

The New Art Festival is run for artists by artists in Ottawa's Central Park in the Glebe.

The festival is in its' 22nd year!

The 2014 artists directory features hundreds of artists with email and web addresses. (AND I plan to be on that list for 2015!)

The festival takes place in a beautiful park setting in the Glebe.

2014 Map
I managed to see studio potter  Chandler Swain  pictured below (who attended the same art school that I did in Mississauga and later went to OCA and Hornsey College of Art in London England ). Chandler now lives in the beautiful village of Blakeney (near Almonte) and has been a pottery technician and teacher for more than 30 years!!

Studio Potter chandler Swain

I also finally viewed the wonderful landscape paintings of David Lidbetter. I met David through the art demonstrations at the Wallack's art store but I had never seen his beautiful paintings until today.

I bought a print from Daniel Bombardier of Denial Art . He uses spray paint and creates these amazing pieces of art on wood. He drove all the way from Windsor that morning.

Denial Art
I really enjoyed the current work of rosepink. They said were at the festival last year but with very different work. This year it is printmaking combined with miniatures. Very reasonably priced. I just loved them!

Rosepink
I was surprised that there was only one encaustic artist this year? Susan Ukkola's work is wonderful! She offers one-day and two-day classes

Susan Ukkola's booth
I really looked closely at the artist's booth set ups. I noted which ones were really inviting and which ones were not. While I was there, a welcomed wind blew in through the park but unfortunately sent some paintings to the ground. Nothing was damaged thankfully!



Some of the artists cards.


I bought a print of "Make Something Beautiful" from Denial Art




No comments:

Post a Comment