Pages

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Strathmore Mixed Media Art Journal

I have used many art journals over the years. Various manufactures and various sizes, coiled and bound, hard and soft cover.

My complete disappointment with my last art journal resulted in abandonment. I really do not like abandoning art journals because they are (for me) a type of diary. Looking back over old art journals has the same effect as watching old home movies. I experience a great deal of nostalgic joy

Suffice to say that art journals are important to me. That is why I am incredibly happy to have found the Strathmore Mixed Media 500 series:

Dorothy Parker inspired the sketch on the page above: "Inscription For The Ceiling Of A Bedroom"
Artist: Cindi Moynahan-Foreman

This particular journal is hard to find both in store and online. I know. I have tried. Therefore I was happy to find a few on the shelves at Wallack's this past weekend.

Wil Freeborn has been testing out some new Stillman and Birn sketchbooks. I look forward to his reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment